Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Tucked Behind My Ear

Occasionally, I will find a flower in the packing boxes that has accidentally broken its stem. This means it's fair game! Usually I will pass these colorful posies to one of my many coworkers with a smile. It's fun to see their faces light up!

Today and yesterday I put a flower in my hair...and then forgot I had.

Yesterday, as I was in the middle of wrapping an azalea plant with some beautiful florist paper for a customer my cashier approached. "That's a pretty flower, Hannah!" she said. Assuming she was talking about the azalea and forgetting the yellow daisy I'd tucked behind my ear, I replied: "Oh thank you! It's for a funeral, and I wanted it to look nice." The look on her face was priceless! "Um, I meant the one in your hair." "Oh!" and I almost smashed it with my hand in surprise as I searched for it!

Having not learned my lesson, I did it again today. This time it was a tiny sprig of orange begonias. Because we had snow...and I spent most of my time outside in it...I wanted hot chocolate for lunch! I head to McD's...not my favorite, but they do have amazing hot choco. It wasn't until I was halfway back to work and saw something in my mirror (the flower in my hair) that I realized why I'd gotten those strange looks from the two ladies in the McD windows. Oh well! They probably used to put flowers in their hair when they were little girls...and in some things I refuse to grow up!

No comments:

Post a Comment