Monday, February 21, 2011

Cheesy Smiles

Today was bitter.
I lost my car keys. (They are still missing.) The other manager had an appointment and was gone for over two hours.

The head was upset with me for not understanding what all needed to be accomplished. (Because it was not explained when I arrived...)

I had to wait for the other manager to come back before I could begin the search for my keys...and when I finally did, got in trouble for focusing on myself while the other three managers needed to talk. sigh* I spent less than 10 minutes on the phone, searching specific areas, and finally signing paperwork for the locksmith who opened my car...(I was locked out a week ago today, but that time I locked my keys in the car...it was a Valentine gift to myself, I suppose.) However, that 10 minutes (which were intermittent minutes due to helping customers) were considered selfish.

I get yelled at by a truck driver after telling him he couldn't park his semi in the exit to my store. I stood my ground and politely got him to move to the street...but I wanted to run away.

I was reminded by one manager that we never get enough done (though there is NO way my employees can work any harder or faster- we are just short-handed).

Lastly, I was told that my cashiers were not calling the right person to come and help customers carry large items to their cars...and I lost it. Tears just spilled down my face...I couldn't control them.

Nodding I hurried to the back office trying to slip past my employees and choking out that I was ok. They didn't believe me. I was hyperventilating by the time I shut that office door and stayed hidden for awhile. Tissues were handed through the door. I LOVE my employees!

The regional manager came in and told me that it wasn't my fault, that I had a right to be frustrated because they weren't doing a good enough job teaching me...and that didn't help my tears any.

My sister had to drive 64 round trip miles to bring me the extra key to my car so I could get home tonight...and I had to stay an extra hour and a half.

I had to call my boss (in tears) because the safe wouldn't open so I could finish my job...and I'm afraid he was ready to bolt for the door...poor man.

I made it home after 9pm tonight and when I logged on saw this fun post by my friend that I wanted to share with you: Servant of the Spirit: you forgot the cheese!

It relates to my day in two ways:
1) I had broccoli and CHEESE soup for dinner.- random, I know.
2) I am just like his little sister in my frustrations with wondering where the "best part" went. I get so impatient with God and I'm sure by the time this season of life is over I'll wonder where the time went...:)

Hooray for trials that remind us that God is the only one we can turn to and He does indeed have a plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment