Sunday, February 13, 2011

Guilty Feet Run Faster

I have three sisters. We spent much of our lives being homeschooled and moving every 2.5 years due to our dad's job with the Navy.

We're pretty close. One of our favorite things to do, was listen to our parents' stories about growing up. We took them carefully to heart. One day, it clicked in our heads that some of those jokes and pranks my dad and his brothers had pulled...could actully be done! We could do them!

Suddenly, pouring a jug of ice water over the shower curtain or soaking a sister's underwear and sticking it in the freezer sounded like great ideas!!!

However, with those actions came consequences...sometimes mom and dad had to dole out some type of punishment to prevent a reccurrance. (The frozen underwear episode was only attempted once...)

The most recent story involves two of my sisters and pranking on facebook...

One sister had left her profile open before dashing off to Bible study. It was a quiet evening at home. I was reading a book and most of the family were downstairs. Suddenly, the silence was broken by smothered giggles. One of my sisters was on the computer and I assumed she was watching a funny clip or looking at a friends' pictures. However, when the giggling continued for about 10 minutes I finally got curious and went to check it out.

Said sister was on the other's facebook profile and in the middle of editing and adding on to her information! A changed status is normal. A changed picture...you have to be a little cautious there...
Changing the info? Hmm...

Well I admit, I did not stop her. I merely sat down and watched, even offered a couple of suggestions. My best suggestion (to change her birthday to the very next day) wasn't allowed since the sister who was pranked is under 18 and facebook wouldn't allow it without a password...

Instead, Sesame Street, Bob the Builder, and Barney and Friends were added to her favorite shows and music.
Wrestling was added to her sports and our cousins were listed as her wrestling buddies. Sponge Bob was a favorite movie. My sister has an incredible imagination...

She also added a couple of jobs, her favorite was Waste Management! She was so racked with giggles and laughter that I just watched her and smiled.

However, when the other sister arrived home, she was very upset and warned the first sister that retribution would come.

Since that day, my sister (the one who pranked the other) has been extra cautious to never leave her facebook page open.

Last night, as I was calling a friend to get an e-mail address for my resume, my sister heard me mention the word "facebook". I was telling him that I didn't want to log into facebook and search for his address, and suddenly in the middle of my sentence a blonde fury descended! Her guilty feet carried her faster than she's moved in a long time!

She began pummeling me with questions, manhandled the mouse out of my hands and clicked around on the screen to find her facebook page and log herself out. In shock I watched her and barely had the prescence of mind to apologize to my friend on the phone (who could hear every word). I barely was able to finish my brief phone conversation because I was trying so hard not to laugh.

I am convinced that there are no feet swifter than those followed by a guilty conscience...or the desire to avoid pranks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment