Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Emergency Room Saga- Age 2

I consider myself a connoisseur of emergency rooms. I have been in emergency rooms from Virginia to California and Missouri to Texas, but very rarely have I been waiting there for another person. My poor parents have spent many days...possibly weeks...of their lives waiting in the emergency room for me. I have always regretted that I never had a brother, I'm sure he could have beaten me in this "record" of mine. I'm going to be sharing different emergency room trips over the next couple of posts- just for the fun of it.

It began at the age of two...

It was a normal day...actually it must've been somehow special because I had two cookies! With one in each hand I was walking around our little house in Virginia debating which one to eat first. We were in the middle of packing up the house to move to California and my Dad, who loved to play "Ticklemonster," decided that right then would be a good moment to chase me. Shrieking with laughter I ran... right into the corner of a wall.

You have to check behind you when a monster's on your heels, you know, and when you look behind, you can't see ahead! I couldn't stop my fall because I didn't think to let go of the cookies. The corner of the wall somehow sent me chin first to the tile floor which resulted in a nice split chin.
This following part still amazes my Dad...

It took two nurses and a restraining blanket to hold me down so the doctor could give me stitches.

My poor Dad passed out while the doctor was giving me stitches and they charged him $50 for that! He was not happy, but did not have time to contest the fee with the move to California in progress.

That was how my adventure with emergency rooms began...

1 comment:

  1. LOL!!!! I wish I could have seen your dad passing out and then the look on his face when he got the bill for it! That is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete