Tuesday, January 17, 2012

"Stinky Satan"

"Stinky Satan." Those were my coworker's words in an e-mail this weekend. And I echo them.

It has been a rough year. Honestly? I don't understand some of the things God has allowed to happen. But I have to remember He has my best interest in mind, and when I realize that: all of my NEEDS have already been/ are being met, I really have to end my complaining. God loves my friends and family better than I do. He knows what He's doing.

I have been stressed out due to an event at work. It came up suddenly- wasn't thoroughly discussed with me (events coordinator) and I have felt like I've been swimming against a strong current all month. There have been glitches in the main registration program which have caused chaos. We have no idea who's going to show nor how many to prepare for- but I have to make a good guess for the caterer by tomorrow.

As I struggled with answering the various e-mails and phone calls- consoling harried customers and soothing frazzled registrants, I have just wanted to give up, go home & sleep it off. Keeping up a good face and even teasing about it with one of the ladies who helps with our website, I explained my hypothesis for what was going on:

"It's Satan. Since this whole event is focused on God and what He is doing in the world- His master-plan- of course Satan is against us! Any little thing he can do to frustrate the people who need to be there, he's done. He's gonna lose. We'll figure this out!"

She responded: "Stinky Satan." And we've moved on.

I still will be glad to have the whole thing over and done with, but I'm glad that the details are finally falling into place! :) So fight on, Satan. In the end, we all know you lose.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! Things are definitely starting to fall into place, but I'll be very glad when the hard part is over!

    ReplyDelete